Sunday, November 16, 2008

Geno - spring cardigan with restart

Geno is one of the projects that made my knitting halt. Still, I love the pattern. I bought the yarn (Saffran from Garnstudio) at Marias Garn, Spring 2008.

Here is the proof that a re-start was needed. Thanks Anna for pointing that out before I had done the complete cardigan.

I just want to say that I did swatch! I picked size "L" and needles 3mm to start with. In this picture I have put the "second back" on top of the first and there is at least 12 cm difference.

The new start is in size "M" and needles 2.5 mm. The result is so much better.

The original pattern has short sleeves, I decided I wanted a bit longer, inspired by the picture from Rowan I made them longer using the lace pattern. Since I'm fairly tall I made the cardigan 5 cm longer than designed.


1 comment:

Freija said...

Den blev ju jättefin! Färgen är verkligen härlig också. :)

Kul att se dig tillbaka på bloggen.