Thursday, May 26, 2011

Caught in action - #%&@ bug!

I found a pälsänger in action eating up N's cardigan. I admit it died to qiuckly and painlessly.
I now have to decide if I think it had many relatives and if I should start hunting them down and what means to use if so or if I should hope it was on its own and wait and see.

I'm not happy thinking of my stash right now (and of casue the rest of the wardrobe for the entire family).

The cardigan will get a small flower over the hole - in time.....

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Too late or very early?

Since I didn't start until after Christmas I vote for very early, at least with the first one. The pattern is from IK Christmas number 2010 but I changing the year in the pattern to the names of my girls. The yarn is Drops' Lima. It was a fun knit and I liked the I-cord cast-on.

I just hope I will be in time with the next one.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Granny stripe blanket - Acrylic, here we go!

When N was a baby I made a wool blanket for the stroller. Becoming a big sister made her rediscover this blanket(approx 50 x 70 cm) and decided she had to have it in her bed as a blanket (under the cover!). I found the granny stripe blanket at Ravelry and decided I wanted to do for N as a replacement.

First I made a swatch(!) that become a doll blanket, this time in wool.

Then I crossed the line - I went for the prepacked "Lucy stile" acrylic yarn. I got it from Mason's in the UK for about 40£/400 SEK.

Second step was to decide the order, here N helped out on the kitchen floor.

I have approx 170 "stiches"/57 clusters and hook 4mm and plan to make 6 repetitions of the 17 colors. Here is the first one ready.