Sunday, November 16, 2008

February Lady Sweater

I started this cardigan for vacation. The intention that it is a quick and fun project, not that complicated. Since this cardigan has sleeves not in full length I thought that I wanted to do one in cotton. I bought the yarn at Marias Garn and it's a combionation of Muskat from Garnstudio and one "kabeltvinnad" (cable twined???) cotton. Both in brown but slightly different shades.

I just want to say again that I did swatch!!! Having figured out that size 4.5 mm needles was right I went around Kalmar (wacation stop) to find new needles. ...And off I went.



Almost at the shoulders it became clear that it would be difficult to close the cardigan and breathe at the same time. Time for re-start number 1!

Changing needles to 5mm but keeping the size this time I restarted - much better. Somewhere along the "waistline" I saw that I had made one row off in the pattern....time for re-start number 2!
Just go for it!!! Now in progress.

But it is completed and I like it very much. The yarn combination was fine, as expected with cotton it is bit heavy but still nicely and very wearable.
In the end, it was fun knitting and I would like to make more stuff top-down.

2 comments:

katarinaw said...

Jättesnygg!

Mary said...

It looks terrific on you! I like the color you chose.